Is your home office less than beautiful? To create a truly Insta-worthy Zoom visual, did you know you can change your background? Here’s how!
Change your Zoom background on the desktop app
1. In the Zoom app, click your profile in the top right corner, and click Settings.
2. On the menu to the left, click Virtual Background.
3. You’ll see a few default background options provided by Zoom, you’re free to use these, but you still won’t stand out from the crowd of savvy-zoomers.
4. If you want to upload a photo to use as your background, on the same Virtual Background Page, click the + icon next to where it says Choose Virtual Background. A box will pop up allowing you to upload a photo from your computer. Click on the one you want, and it will appear alongside the other pictures as an option for you to choose from.
Change your Zoom background on the mobile app
1. When you log into your account and join a meeting, tap the three dots at the bottom right of the screen to open the More menu.
2. Tap Virtual Background.
3. Select a background from the default options, or upload your own in the same way.
There you have it zoomers, enjoy! For luck, we’ve also chucked in two more extra tips for Zoom to brighten your remote working day.
1 – There is also a beauty filter setting in Zoom so you can live-edit those blemishes and the fact you’ve not worn make-up in days. To turn it on, click the up arrow next to Start Video. Click Video Settings, and under My Video, check the box for Touch Up My Appearance.
2 – If you’re hosting a Zoom meeting, you can export the transcript of the chat box after the meeting. But… be aware, this includes all messages you’ve sent, including private messages to just one other attendee! This only applies to the host, so don’t panic if you were sending NSFW(from home) messages to your colleagues!