We love Perth and we love a cocktail, so we thought we’d share with you our favourite spots for a tipple in Perth. Whether you like a dark, cosy corner to drink in, or to take in some spectacular views from a rooftop bar, here are the spots you’ll find us at on a Saturday night!
- Strange Company in Fremantle is one of my favourites. It’s got a great vibe and it really reminds me of New Orleans where I studied and lived for years. In this little spot, it feels perfectly acceptable to have a cocktail at any time of day!
- El Grotto in Scarborough. Hands down TH BEST margaritas I’ve had in Australia. I love their Spicy Margarita and it goes perfectly with their pumpkin tacos.
- Panama Social in Northbridge. They have a room dedicated to Ricky Martin, need I say more? You’ll be living la vida loca in here – their décor is super cute and the cocktail list is brilliant.
- The Shorehouse in Swanbourne offers the best ocean views, Insta-worthy yellow sun brollies and a cocktail list you can easily spend the afternoon working your way through. Although this place looks swanky, you can walk up straight from the beach with sandy feet and salt in your hair and enjoy a refreshing cocktail. The perfect sundowner!
- Darling Darling in Fremantle is great if you want to enjoy a stripped-back drinks menu and a dark corner. The bar is based on a seafarer’s tipple spot from the 1800s, for weary sailors who spent years at sea travelling from overseas to Fremantle. It’s dark and cosy, plus you can grab a handful of monkey nuts, crack into them and leave the shells on the floor. A novelty, but a fun one.
- I’ve got to give a shoutout to my local, the Rose and Crown Hotel in Guildford. This is one of WA’s oldest pubs and it has a gorgeous, leafy beer garden. This is within walking distance from my house, so it’s often the place I come with my husband and our two young boys – one in the pram, one on his bike – for a Sunday afternoon drink and dinner. There’s a lovely atmosphere and usually live music on the weekends.
- Sneaky Tony’s is also one of my favourites. They do a mean sour cocktail and I’m a sucker for the “knock and give the secret password to get in” gimmick. Make sure you follow them on social for today’s password.
- Halford Bar is one of my favourite’s in the CBD. It’s a bit tricky to find, but that makes it feel like you’ve stumbled upon something a bit special when you do get there! Top tip, if you’re looking for one of Perth’s hidden laneway bars, follow the cobblestones in the pavement, they’re all there to act as pointers to bars or restaurants!
- I recently tried out the new bar at Hyde, the latest addition to the Perth hotel scene. They’ve got a gorgeous poolside bar and summery, cool decor. I spent the afternoon munching bottomless fries and drinking white wine. It doesn’t get more “Perth” than that!
- Another newbie is the Quarter Acre Hotel. It’s in Applecross, so a bit out of the City, but worth the detour. The menu is full of summery food and they do a special Sunday session with DJs and drink specials.
What do you think? Where’s your favourite spot in Perth for a tipple? Let us know, we love reccommendations almost as much as we like going out!