Unless you’ve been living under a rock for the last few years, you’ll know that video is where it’s at for social media marketing.
Not only is video the most engaging medium, but it’s also how people love to digest information on their mobiles. People already spend more time on mobile devices than they do watching TV and Facebook predicts that this year, 79% of the world’s mobile data traffic will be video.
You may have experience in creating video for TV but creating content for social is a different beast. You’re basically creating content specifically for mobile use – so the length, style and creative of the video is very different to that of a TVC.
Here are our top 7 tips to optimise your video for mobile.
- Engage your audience quickly. Use the first three seconds of your video to entice your viewers with the most compelling, thumb-stopping visual.
- Don’t wait to show your product – get your brand or product in front of the view immediately so the viewer knows what to expect.
- Keep content short, snappy and visually exciting.
- A large percentage of people watch video without sound, so make sure you communicate your story visually so it’s effective with or without sound.
- If you do have a script, or a more complicated message, add captions or subtitles.
- To the dismay of videographers everywhere, video should be shot vertically for social. This aspect takes up the most real estate in people’s feeds and looks the most impressive.
- If you don’t have budget for video, try to create your own animated content using effects, graphics, panning, zooming and slideshows to add an element of movement.
Want more social media and digital marketing tips straight to your inbox? Sign up to our newsletter today!