Wanderlust Communications works with a number of clients across the tourism and lifestyle industries, providing a range of social media and digital marketing services. These currently include Tourism Western Australia, Australia’s Golden Outback, Kalgoorlie Boulder Visitor Centre, Walk Into Luxury and the Tourism Council of Western Australia.
We are now looking to expand and want to take on a passionate, enthusiastic and talented intern. To begin with, this will be for approximately 5 hours a week, but there is potential for growth into a larger role.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in working in the digital marketing industry and wants to put their study into practice. You will work across a range of clients and be mentored by Amy Johnston, the founder of Wanderlust Communications.
You will learn about the digital media landscape, assist in drafting media releases, assist with social media management, assist with social media content creation and practice copywriting for a range of mediums.
The internship will be done remotely, so you will need to have access to the internet and a computer to complete the work. Regular meetings will be scheduled so you have face to face support and contact with Wanderlust Communications.
What we’re looking for:
- Excellent communication skills
- Good knowledge of the social media space
- Good knowledge and personal experience with Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Snap Chat
- Experience with monitoring software like Google Alerts, Analytics and Hootsuite (desired, not essential)
- Experience using the Microsoft Office suite
- Own a computer and have reliable internet access
- Creativity and ability to think outside the box
- Able to work alone, unsupervised, often to tight deadlines
- Enthusiasm and desire to be part of an exciting, growing business
- Good organisational skills
- Good reporting skills
What we will do for you:
- Pay a good hourly rate, above minimum wage – we don’t believe in working for free!
- Provide training and support for all aspects of the role
- Provide relevant and interesting work experience
- Provide opportunities to create work for your resume / portfolio
- Offer access to training and workshops wherever possible
If you’re interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and a cover letter to Amy Johnston.